Wedding Sound

Andrew Jackson

Hello all. I will be recording my cousin's wedding at the end of July and I've been looking into a good way to record sound. I don't mind spending some money on a lav/lapel mic, but at the same time I do just need something for the wedding at the moment. I will be strapping it to the groom, hoping to pick up his voice, the bride's voice, and the minister. I went to my local radio shack and found this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...rentPage=search

What's all your input on this? Too cheap? Will it do the job?. As I said, I pretty much want the groom, bride, and minister when they are up saying their vows and such, and then I would probably also strap it on the best man when he says his speech at the reception. After I get the mic/reciever, I then still need to find a way to actually record it. Right now, I do have a laptop with Adobe Audition - anyone know if you can hook these recievers up to a laptop for recording the sounds? I know, lots of questions, not much time. I would appreciate any input on this though. Thanks!

EDIT: looking into this more, I came across someone that claims to just hook up a good lav mic to a miniDisk recorder? Would this work? It would make the whole transfer thing easier without having to have the reciever hooked up to the laptop....

Edited by Andrew Jackson