Super 8 Projectors

Andy_Alderslade

Hi,

Need to buy a new Super 8 projector, which won't break the bank, infact after recent projects i'm close to broke.

Not really interested in sound, or the need to project in a large room.

Just need a projector that is acceptably bright and will not scratch the film.

Been browsing on ebay and they seem pricier than they were a few years ago.

Cheers,

Andy

hop on craigslist and hit some estate sales in your area. dead people love super 8 stuff. I picked up a GAF super 8 projector with tags still on it for $8, haggled down from $10. Opened it up and looked like it had never even been set up. Ebay will be way overpriced just because there is a market. garage sales and swap meets are the way to go.....

kirk

Hi, go to a uk camera fair, get there early, sometimes you get lucky, average price for a eumig 610d mint is £10.00, i've seen them for ten times that amount on ebay. Remember most projectors only have 100 watt lighting, they look very dim next to a video projector. A projector that wont break the bank with good light output for 100watt lamp is a noris 110, noris special d, noris 332 or 342. Elmo st160 or eumig 810 are good projectors. Whats your budget??

Hi, go to a uk camera fair, get there early, sometimes you get lucky, average price for a eumig 610d mint is £10.00, i've seen them for ten times that amount on ebay. Remember most projectors only have 100 watt lighting, they look very dim next to a video projector. A projector that wont break the bank with good light output for 100watt lamp is a noris 110, noris special d, noris 332 or 342. Elmo st160 or eumig 810 are good projectors. Whats your budget??

Hopefully just under £100.

Where do you find out about UK camera fairs?

Hi, here is a list of uk still/35mm/vintage camera fairs, i must stress, there is usually very little cine, but sometimes you get lucky.

http://www.calnecc.co.uk/whatson.htm

last week a dealer was selling an elmo st160 or st600, cant remember, boxed, slightly used, but with original elmo lamp, which should indicate hardly any use!! Gate area was a bit dusty, would class the projector as mint minus. That was selling for £100.00, but you should be able to knock at least a tenner off. I picked up an elmo 912 editor, mint, for £10.00.

Andy

Edited by k25rip