Thinking of switch from Premiere to Liquid

Bob Hayes

I am looking for new editing software. I have been limping through Adobe Premiere. It endlessly crashes and fragments my hard drive. The resolution has been inconsistent. It has trouble reading some of my media. I am using it just to cut reels and demo pieces. I could never consider attempting anything professional. I am considering Liquid by Pinnacle. Any advise?

For all you Mac heads I?ll save to the car pool tunnel syndrome. ?Get an Apple?.

I have a PC Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz, 1 GB Ram. 57 GB on my C Drive, 223 GB on a Raided second drive.

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for new editing software. I have been limping through Adobe Premiere. It endlessly crashes and fragments my hard drive. The resolution has been inconsistent. It has trouble reading some of my media. I am using it just to cut reels and demo pieces. I could never consider attempting anything professional. I am considering Liquid by Pinnacle. Any advise?

For all you Mac heads I?ll save to the car pool tunnel syndrome. ?Get an Apple?.

I have a PC Pentium 4 2.53 Ghz, 1 GB Ram. 57 GB on my C Drive, 223 GB on a Raided second drive.

Liquid is now made by AVID and it would be a great program for your needs.

Hi Bob, as a long time Pinnacle user but mainly on the Studio 9 platform, I can say that Liquid is probably a good program but relies very heavy on the hardware. Your computer is not the fastest, but might work with it.

Personally I have still good results with Studio 9, version 9.3.15 only! It does max. DV-quality.

For Home/amateur use, Pinnacle came out with Studio 10, which has the Liquid engine, but a bit simplified interface.

However, this program seems to have many problems still.