DAY EXT lighting continuity :blink:

hello everyone

i will be shooting a short film in Scope 35mm (my first) in august.All the film takes place in a remote area by a river,Day Ext.THe action is suppose to span a few hours.How can i keep lighting continuity,knowing that i can have at most one 6K or 2 2.5K. I can have as many mirror,12X12, ...as i want. Also i would like my stop to be a consistent 5.6. Filmstock is 250 D. Should i firmly ask the producer at least a 12K,with all that entail...Please any advice will be helpful.Also what kind of filter i could use to keep the same Kelvin (5600) throughout the day?There will be a few Extreme Close Up of the actors eyes, any problem i should expect with anamorphique lenses in such situation? thank you all so much for any kind of help.... :) :unsure:

Edited by raph-gardet

• Premium Member

Close-ups are easy - it's the wides that can be harder, which is part of the challenge on exteriors with unpredictable weather. Don't worry about matching direction of light that much - nobody except DP's can tell anyway. Meaning, I've seen numerous dialogue sequences shot in setting sun with the sun behind the actor in BOTH shots. Even a sunlit day cut to a slightly overcast day can work fine, but obviously, if the weather is real bad then it'll look a bit strange.