camerashowreel from germany

für meinen geschmack war das viel zu schnell geschnitten, ich hatte kaum die möglichkeit die (wirklich sehr schön wirkenden) bilder in diesem videoclipartigen staccato-tempo zu erfassen.

aber wie gesagt: tolle bilder, hätte einige gerne länger auf mich einwirken lassen, wenn auch auf kosten wegfallender anderer.

and now for our english viewers:

for my taste it was cut way too fast, i hardly had a chance to conceive those (really nice looking) pictures when showed in that videoclip-like staccato-rythm.

but like already mentioned: great images, i would have liked to see some of them longer, even at the expense of some others dropping out.

all the best,

alex "lazy eye" haspel

Edited by haspel

for my taste it was cut way too fast, i hardly had a chance to conceive those (really nice looking) pictures when showed in that videoclip-like staccato-rythm.

but like already mentioned: great images, i would have liked to see some of them longer, even at the expense of some others dropping out.

all the best,

alex "lazy eye" haspel

That's exactly right. You have some beautifully lit shots there, but you cut away too fast. The point of a reel is not to entertain the general MTV audience, it is to show of how well you can light, and photograph a scene. Also there are a lot of redundent shots. Perhaps you might consider only using shots once.

Guest rajavel

hey thats really coool! good stuff. give my cheers to ur editor too.

just curious......u said u were a camera student....but how come u have

so much in ur show reel....how did u manage them!.....what were the cameras u used

for creating those images....

strong images....esp the way it begins! cheers!

rajavel

hey thank you, danke, for your answers...

mmh idont know if the reel is edited to fast.... it could be... i dont know, but i liked it... mmh i dont know

the first part is shoot with the varricam, then 35mm, minidv, betaSx and then 16mm...

greets chris

mmh idont know if the reel is edited to fast.... it could be... i dont know, but i liked it... mmh i dont know

well, you surely know your pictures, having seen them quite some times probably.

but try to feel yourself into someone seeing this material for the first time...

i really had a hard time conceiving all this, and now that i write this i must say that in retrospect i can't really remember many shots.

wich might be caused by:

#1: my extreme deficit of sleep

#2: the horrendously fast pace of your reel

hmm i dont know if there is a showreel, which i saw, and one day later i can remember many shots... its a showreel for the moment and after you see it, you must know if the pictures and the light are great or not... if you liked it or not.

buts its ok its your opinion, it was nice if i can get more professional opinions from here, because i find it is very interesting to know something more...

excuse me for my bad englisch... :-)

by

chris

and ps. i edited it myself and its my baby... :-)

hmm, nein das erklärt nur, das ich nicht sofort mein showreel ändere, wenn ein 23 jähriger mir sagt, das es ihm zu schnell geschnitten ist. das liegt allerdings nicht an deinem alter, sondern weil ich absolut nicht weiß wer du bist und was du draufhast...

grüße

chris

hmm, nein das erklärt nur, das ich nicht sofort mein showreel ändere, wenn ein 23 jähriger mir sagt, das es ihm zu schnell geschnitten ist. das liegt allerdings nicht an deinem alter, sondern weil ich absolut nicht weiß wer du bist und was du draufhast...

grüße

chris

das war aber ein bisschen harsch... du bist ja schließlich auch erst 27, mein guter.

ausserdem hattest du dir ja kommentare gewünscht, und meine kritik war auch durchwegs konstruktiv.

wie auch immer...

grüße,

alex

• 2 weeks later...

Moin,

Nicht schlecht und Du bist "noch" Student? Filmschule?

Mir gefallen die schnellen Cuts. Diese langsamen Reels, die ich immer sehe sind auf die dauer langweilig und gleich. Yours sticks out. Ich denke mal es gibt keine Regeln wonach ein Reel aussehen sollte, nur Guidelines und die kann man natuerlich brechen :D Musst Du selber wissen was Du fuer richtig haellst...

Naja, ich bin auch erst 23...ken Profi, aber was nicht ist, kann noch werden...viel Erfolg in Deiner Karriere

Guest LondonFilmMan

Despite the reel's rapidity it was successfully synchronised with the music. Moving images were fine, although I didn't like the black and white of the old man lying on the table. The content of this, to me, appeared insensitive, inappropriate and somehow 'insulting?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rainer fritz

hätte eine kurze frage zu zwei bildern ziemlich zu beginn:

das kleine mädchen vor dem haus und der mann im krankenhaus.

auf was wurde das gedreht, filter, optik, post ... ???

thx

rainer

• 2 weeks later...

hi, back again, heres a link to the full ducumentary which i shooted 2003 in germany.

some pictures are in my showreel at the end...

the film is 11 min long, shooted in 16mm, BW, Kodak

the file is 70 mb big, but nice quality witch your quicktime player...

Link: http://www.cocoshare.de/871322322/thanato.m4v

its a interesting documentary but be warned the are some really brutal scenes...

please write me your opinion

by

chris caliman