Producer looking for a Cinematographer in NY

Hi

Hello all

I've produced several plays and now am getting ready to shoot my first feature film. I currently have a show in NYC, an Equity Showcase, if you want you can check: www.twodestinies.net

About my career as an actor, you can visit: www.guilebranco.com

About the film I'm going to produce: www.aprodigalfeast.itgo.com

Here's my plan: I'm trying to decide which is the best option for me to procceed in this project - I have seen many mistakes over and over again by inexperienced producers and will do my absolute best to get this right. I have a shooting schedule of 25 days and will definitely need a good DP. Now here are my options:

1 - Find a DP who owns 35mm camera or Super 16mm (silent or MOS (final decision will depend on many factors - I'd prefer a silent camera cuz it's a hassle to do the whole sound thing in post - but if I'm out of option and $$$ I'd do it)

2 - If I find it more affordable, I am willing to buy the equipment and hire the DP for the lower price - my camera budget would be around $2000-$8000 (I'm aware I could only get a rather noisy camera at this range)

I would like to hear from a few cinematographers here in NY who would perhaps like to work with me in this independent project - please, if interested write me an e-mail at: guilbranco@yahoo.com

Please let me know of your day rates with and without equipment.

Best Regards

Guile