Downloadable Scene Files

Jan Crittenden

Hi all,

Some of you may not be aware that we have Scene Files in a downloadable Form on the Panasonic website. Go to:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/s...eries%20Cameras

Sorry for the long url, but that gets you to the SDX900's webpage and look at the bottom for the link to the Download area.

Be aware that when you load these files in it will write over your current flare settings so make a note about the flare numbers and put them back in when you have finished. Also be careful about the naming of the little files so that the naming convention stands as it is on the website. You can change the SCENE_1 to SCENE_2 but it must read like this.

You could store all of these on one 32MB card if you wanted, and just organize it so that only 8 show and the rest are in folders. The camera will ignore anything that is in a folder. Use your computer to rotate the ones you want to use out of the folders.

Now we have tested these extensively on the Windows environment and they work. Panasonic is a PC company and so if you are saving these from a MAC, please make note that the .TXT has to be on the file when saved on the SD memory card.

Additionally, before I started any of this tom-foolery, I would go through my camera and make a User Data File by first making the settings the way you would like to have them default, then go to FILE/INITIALIZE/WRITE USER DATA. Then to recall this go to FILE/SCENE/READ USER DATA. This will be like initializing to the Factory Data but instead your data.

Note but these only work in the NTSC Cameras.

Well I think that is all, just have fun.

Best regards,

Jan