3-day production excerpt from possible epic

thoughts comments and complaints welcome

what would you have done differently on this overnight production

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=METfxgsu7M8

-Abel

From a photographic standpoint?

In my opinion (which doesn't count for much), I think that if I were to go looking for problems, my first thought is that there was a directorial error made. How so? Well, when looking specifically at the lighting and camerawork, I noticed that absence of any backlight. Then I noticed that most of the key lighting was "emulating" some kind of spotty source, like flashlights or other practicals that might be on a dark road late at night. Then I noticed that some of the camerawork was sort of "shaky" while some of it wasn't so much. Then I began thinking about the shot choices and editing which, at times, was documentary "COPS" style and sometimes it was more traditional coverage and cutting.

What I would have done is to recognize that since I didn't have proper lighting available and the subject matter lent itself to a "COPS" feel anyway, I would have shaken up the coverage quite a bit instead of going for more traditional shots and cutaways. It came close, but a few times I felt as if the movie was trying to be a standard film instead of maintaining a rough documentary feel.

But that's just me looking at the technical aspects. Overall, the general public won't give a damn as the point of the piece is to spoof a current event. They aren't looking at anything beyond the comedy and never will, so if the writing and acting are successful, then so is everything else.