fuji RP 72161 B/W neagtive

Ask your lab to do a sensitometric test to determine the processing time. In my experience this stock needs to be processed much longer than 7222 to get a nominal 0.65 gamma. After having established the proper processing time and if the stock is not too old, do an exposure test. I don't hink there are machine readable Keykodes either, but this may have changed.

I just bought (second hand, unopened) some cans of this fuji stock (RP 72161)

someone has shot with this stock?

I think that it´s a 80D asa is this correct?

someone try to push one stop?

thanks

Hello Andres

72161 is Fuji 16mm Panchromatic Negative RP film, it has an exposure rating of 80ASA daylight and 64ASA to Tungsten. Although I have no experience with pushing this film, I would not think that there is any problem with doing so. The datasheet says that it is for normal or high temperature processing.

Brian

• Premium Member

As with any "second hand" stock, pretesting with your lab is highly advised.

It is listed as EI 80 daylight, and EI 64 tungsten.

As noted, you may need to change the process time/temperature to get the desired gamma (contrast) in the commonly run D-96 B&W negative process.

I got a few cans to test it a couple of months ago: Should be rated at 80asa, but someone advised me to actually rate it to 100 ASA which I also did: I only saw it on the scanner, but I really liked the fine, but still visible sandy grain... It was still very tweakable and soft, rated at 100 asa... feels a bit cleaner then Kodak B/W, therefore I like the Kodak better:)

hoyte

• 1 year later...