night photography!

Guest rajavel

Guest rajavel

hi all

i am gonna be shooting ad. Night interior of a house (which has lot of table lamps and other practicals)this is the first time i am gonna be shooting an ad using a HD camera. i believe the HD

is highly sensitive...so do i really need to extra light the place.? if so what kind of set up would u suggst?

it will be one steadycam shot leading from room to room...to the bedroom....to see a person sitting on a sofa....

and which is the best of HD camera's to go for. rental cost is no problem. final out is only for TV telecast so...no worry about cinematic projection.

thanks.cheers!

Edited by rajavel

• Premium Member
hi all

i am gonna be shooting ad. Night interior of a house (which has lot of table lamps and other practicals)this is the first time i am gonna be shooting an ad using a HD camera. i believe the HD

is highly sensitive...so do i really need to extra light the place.? if so what kind of set up would u suggst?

it will be one steadycam shot leading from room to room...to the bedroom....to see a person sitting on a sofa....

and which is the best of HD camera's to go for. rental cost is no problem. final out is only for TV telecast so...no worry about cinematic projection.

thanks.cheers!

Are you saying that you intend to shoot using only existing "practicals", rather than trying to control the lighting and the lighting contrast? What light levels (footcandles) do you have in that location?

The biggest issue you might face is not one of light level, but controlling the lighting contrast so those practicals don't clip in video. With only the practicals, you are likely to lose any details in the highlights like lampshades.