The Golden Compass.

John Holland

Seeing Tims piece about Movies being shot on Fuji stock . i was surprised to see that The Golden Compass is included in it , i was sure this was going to be shot HD using Panavision Genesis, anybody heard anything about this change to film ? john holland .

• Premium Member
Seeing Tims piece about Movies being shot on Fuji stock . i was surprised to see that The Golden Compass is included in it , i was sure this was going to be shot HD using Panavision Genesis, anybody heard anything about this change to film ? john holland .

I too heard this was going to be shot on the Genesis. It seems that they had decided on HD already before even hiring a Dop.

Maybe Remi wants to chime in on this one...

Yeah, I was a bit shocked myself when I saw the Fuji announcement. Also very red in the face - I sent in a CV with a cover letter specifically mentioning the Genesis...oh well. I had someone who's an HOD on it mention the Genesis usage to me back in early June - before they even had hired Braham. I guess they figured he'd go for it given his past work, but perhaps he decided to scrap those plans?

• 5 weeks later...

Up date , unless Panavision have managed to make Genesis, look even more like a 35mm Panaflex, i saw a location shoot other day on this film . Its film . would love to know the background on this ? anyone ? John Holland . London.