Bragging Rights??

Noelle Kale

Alrightie, it's been about a year since I've visited here (bad filmmaker - bad) :(

I got the clarion call to change to my real name

But been busy and all good stuff:

1) Last year my hubby and I received Regional Emmy noms for our doc: Baby Doe's Heartbeat in writing, producing and music composition (yes we're musicians too our band is Amoureux-our first full album is due out on our wed. anniv. 2-10-06) We didn't win darn it! We won't lie, we wanted it badly--very badly, but it's ok. We're young and there's lots of future chances. Plus we got these really cool looking plaques that sooth the soul when we pine.

2) We moved out of Vegas to Burbank, CA (and there was much rejoicing....yeah) gotta be by the beach!

3) I got breast cancer (not so much rejoicing-but I'm healed now no chemo-no radiation - natural therapy in another country-this is a whole other story)

4) I joined SAG (yes, I'm an actress too)

Needless to say, we've been super busy and preoccupied.

Now that we're in Burbank we've been able to work on films mostly. We also have a few things cooking for some cable stations (brings the money in) then there's "our" films that are art (or at least trying to be-lol)

Wow, so much has changed here and I've lots to catch up on. I'm sure none of you remember me and that's ok. I'll drop in more and make a pest of myself. It's good to see everyone here. Take care y'all and have a safe weekend. N

Hey, the 2 Davids. Hi guys. David M, thank you very much and yes surviving breast cancer was definitely more satisfying. There's a movie in this somewhere ;)

David S., hiya. Thanks re: website. I need to spiff it up some more with shots from our productions at some point. I do some cinematography, mostly on our stuff though. I don't feel confident enough to work on other's projects at this point, I'm still learning. I took a crash course at PanaVision for the PanaFlex XL2-gosh that thing has so many gadgets on it, overwhelming. I like using Arri more. But, yes, I do also like to find out what that crazy guy behind the camera (when it's not me) is doing. I literally love every aspect of filmmaking and delve into all of them.

Amazing thing: the more I learn about other roles and positions on the set and actually learn how to do them, I find that it brings more depth and better quality to my projects and skills. For instance in the beginning: having been a script supervisor helped me understand more about sound and camera operation as far as angles and shot set up (not to mention you work closely with directors-they do remember me when I audition this is a good bad thing: 1. They put me in a box as a script supervisor so I really have to nail the audition and break out of the box 2. They know me and the familiarity as you know how this business is, always helps) and then that dominoed and helped me with acting then that also helped me understand writing, because I know what an editor needs (having editing a lot of our stuff) to make shots work, I became a better cinematographer and director, etc.

Alrightie guys, great chatting with y'all. Take good care - talk again soon. N