Home made sync for Kinor 16

Richardson Leao

Hi all, I was finally able to finish a little wireless device that starts and stop sound recording in a laptop when my kinor sends the pilot signal.

The idea is as follow:

the camera sends a square pulse when you start filming. It's a 10V pulse of some duration. This triggers a 5V (with a 100Ohm resistance in series) relay.

I bought a remote control car in ebay that costed ~15$. The car itself run with 4AA batteries (this is very important as it gives a 5V output, so it can be connected to the computer straight way).emote worked with a 9V battery (the voltage of the remote does not matter as it is isolated from the camera).

Well, now the idea is simple, the switch of the releay 'switches' the remote control that in turn causes one of the output of the receiver circuit (the circuit from the car) to outputs 5V. This 5V output is connected to the parallel port of a laptop. I did a small program in Linux that records all the time LPT1 (parallel port) gives a certain byte (1). And stop recording when the value changes (to 2). I will be able to provide better instructions and the program on my website soon, but I thought about posting it just to cause some brainstorming in other people.

post-12335-1157594944.jpg

Nice idea! Wireless synch pulse, with integrated recording and resolving!

I didn't see a link to your web site in your profile. I look forward to reading more about your experiment.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks dfor the attention. I didn't have time to do a very helpful page but you can find the program and a short explanation at the end of my page:

http://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/~rleao/