HVX200 WITH 35mm DOF adapter in Los Angeles

Mark Allen

So far I've only found www.indierentals.com to have this package (and they're a good rental hose, but they only rent the PS Tech one). I'm hoping to find another place who rents the camera with the movietube or brevis or other with lenses?

thanks.

Abel Cine Tech rents both the MovieTube and the HVX200.

Good to know for the future, we just settled our rental last night from a small rental place called "Sprout Project" - 323-855-6106 - they have the M2+HVX (plus lighting) for a good rate.

I'll keep Abel Cine on my future list.

• 4 weeks later...
This is kind of of off topic but is there a signifigant difference between the movietube, vs the mini35 vs the M2. I've seen the Mini35 and the M2 in action and for budget reasons I'd go for the M2.

In short, the Mini35 and the M2 both use a spinning or oscillating ground glass as the image plane, and require battery power. The Movietube uses a "micro-crystalline screen" that does not move and has no grain; no moving parts = no power required.

In short, the Mini35 and the M2 both use a spinning or oscillating ground glass as the image plane, and require battery power. The Movietube uses a "micro-crystalline screen" that does not move and has no grain; no moving parts = no power required.

Hi,

The MOVIETUBE image element does have grain - otherwise there would be nothing to focus the image on. It is actually quite visible under certain conditions and can be distracting. This imho, is a big limitation of the system. If you can live with it, fine, but in footage I've seen it's a problem. The P&S Technik and the M2 do not have this issue.

Regards,

Ian Dudley

I actually got alot of responses from a few DP's/Camera Operators who rent there HVX200. I needed it for a spec commercial. And I posted a ad on http://www.craigslist.com . Since I don't have insurance, there is no way I could rent from house. Most of them where willing to work with me. Give it a shot.

Edited by Jesús Sifuentes

Hi Mark

I thought you gave up on the whole 35mm DOF after you shoot in september.

I'm doing a short myself and I'm thinking of using the XL2 with PS and Zeiss lenses, or the HVX and order an M2 adapter to use with a friends nikon lenses.

Jan