Kodak Cine Special II

Marty Hamrick

I was just given one of these.It probably hasn't been used since about 1983 or so.It has one lens and a 200 foot mag.This is one 16mm camera I have never used and know very little about.None of the cranks are with it and the controls appear to be frozen up.I'm wondering if it's worth anything more than what it has been used for the last 2 decades or so which has been to sit on a shelf and have people go,"WTF is that thing?"

I know the camera was popular among sports guys back in the day,a local weatherman use to use this one for time lapse stuff.I'm wondering if it's worth having someone try to resurrect it.Anyone have experience with these things?

I was just given one of these.It probably hasn't been used since about 1983 or so.It has one lens and a 200 foot mag.This is one 16mm camera I have never used and know very little about.None of the cranks are with it and the controls appear to be frozen up.I'm wondering if it's worth anything more than what it has been used for the last 2 decades or so which has been to sit on a shelf and have people go,"WTF is that thing?"

I know the camera was popular among sports guys back in the day,a local weatherman use to use this one for time lapse stuff.I'm wondering if it's worth having someone try to resurrect it.Anyone have experience with these things?

You have nothing to loose by opening it up yourself.

I did one years ago for practice.

Getting the finger button off the release will be the hardest part. I wasn't able to get it off without damaging

it the button. After that it was easy.

If the spring is rusted or broken...not sure if you can get a replacment or electric motor.