Tim Orr

Guest Rod Blackhurst

Guest Rod Blackhurst

What a wonderful cinematographer.

George Washington

Dandelion

All The Real Girls

Undertow

And of course the new David Gordon Green film Snow Angels which I'm sure is going to be amazing. Sometimes I wonder if what I love most about him comes from that relationship that he has with DGG. Prime example, I watched Trust The Man because I've enjoyed Bart Freundlich's other two films but found myself rather unaware of his cinematography, nothing like those other.

Maybe its fleeting. He's young, I'm young 25, and maybe I'm just looking to identify with a young filmmaker who came from nowhere by storm. Here's to wishing that I had a creative partner/writer in someone like DGG.

Rod

• Premium Member

Seems both Orr and DGG are on the same page and share similiar ideas. Both are equally enamored of Terrence Malick, love shooting anamorphic and are attracted to aesthetics and techniques of '70's cinema. I enjoy their work together and feel their best is yet to come, especially if DGG can ever get the green light for "A Confederacy of Dunces"

Here's to you finding a creative partner. Btw. good taste is never fleeting. :-)

Guest Rod Blackhurst

Wendell,

Enamored is a good way to describe it. Talk about Kubrick aesthetics in George Washington. But what a good filmmaker to be in love with.

Man, a collaborator, that would be great.

Cheers,

Rod