Super8 film in Tokyo

Andrew Means

So all I have left is 3 rolls. I know I was all excited to "shoot one roll a day" but um, that didn't happen. Not even close. Two days and 6 rolls later I NEED MORE FILM!

So I went to Yama...something, I can't remember- it was this HUGE electronics store- and they had K64, but I was really hoping to shoot some 200 and 500 speed for some night shooting.

Oh, I also bought a tripod and head- Manfrotto both- ended up being around 30,000 Yen (slightly less than $300)- I'll get the specific model, but I'm really pleased with it- I went through a ton of different tripods and heads and for my budget this one works really well. It's got really really smooth action-perfect amount of resistance. It's not carbon fiber, so it's not the lightest thing ever, but it was way more stable than some that were substantially more expensive.

So! Anybody have any ideas?

There is Yodobashi and BIC Camera in Shinjuku that you could go to. The last time I was there the had both fuji and kodak in Super 8 and 8mm. I know they 200t so you could check there. At Yodobashi the film was on the bottom floor of one of their buildings in with the still film in the back corner by the pay counter.

Guest Paul Hanssen

Why don't you fly back home, buy some film and go back to Tokyo again? :rolleyes: :)

Hope this helps.

Edited by Paul Hanssen