My turn! Reel Critique

Andrew Wheeler

Hi Andrew,

I really liked some of your shots. I think you need more landscape shots to show us where you were and less of the boys on the reel. The images were crisp and sharp. What were you shooting on? Looks like you were in southern China? More shots of everyday indigenous tribes doing their stuff and a couple more details would have been nice also. I spend alot of time in SE Asia also taking Video and stills of the tribes on the Myanmar border etc... great stuff and they're perfect to shoot but it can be very intrusive. I take it your a Baraka fan also? One last thing, i probably would have used a track that suited the shots a little more like chillout Asian...w/e Anyway would love to see more.

Cheers,

Joe.

Thanks for the compliments Joe, I shot everything on an XL2 in 24p. THere are shots from all over, Taiwan, THailand, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, S.Korea and more. Yeah Ive seen Baraka many times and really enjoy the images, i guess it has affected me but I never really thought about. That is a compliment,thanks.

andy

Beautiful images, very Terrence Malick it reminded me of THE THIN RED LINE.

The only thing I think you could add are some Sequencing, telling a small story.

But that said I liked the pace, and it was very watchable.