Bolex serial/age ID

Christopher Ludtke

I've managed to end up with two 1950's era H-16's, as part of a bad habit called "camera collecting". One with trioptical viewfinder. Best guess is 1954 and 1957-58, based on information when I got them.

I'd like to know where the serial #'s are located; thought it was inside, but the numbers seem too short, based on the resources I've found otherwise.

Might even be inclined to use film again (after a decade of *digital video). *That's where I've spent all my continuing education since about '95;-)

Any links, info, etc. greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Christopher

I've managed to end up with two 1950's era H-16's, as part of a bad habit called "camera collecting". One with trioptical viewfinder. Best guess is 1954 and 1957-58, based on information when I got them.

I'd like to know where the serial #'s are located; thought it was inside, but the numbers seem too short, based on the resources I've found otherwise.

On the flat base Bolexes the SN is on the bottom plate - which is easily swappable with any other model, if I'm not mistaken the new EL's today can swap SN's with a 30 year old RX4... four screws and you're away :huh:

Edited by Nick Mulder