Indie Feature Film shot with DSR-450WS/Pro 35

Jeff Regan

Hi, Jeff.

The images look fantastic. Shallow DOF is almost to 35mm. Does the PRO 35 performs the DOF purpose?

The color depth is near to 4:2:2. Do you think SDX 900 colorimetry emulation help in term of color space? I wonder if SDI out capturing would have the equivalent look. Thanks for sharing.

The Pro 35 is what gives the shallow DOF of 35mm, with some help from the Zeiss Super Speed T1.3 primes.

I think the DSR-450WS has very good latitude, is a bit sharper than the SDX 900, but the 4:1:1 color space

puts it at a disadvantage for some content, especially if ending up on DVD for distribution. Using the SDI output

to a 4:2:2 recording device would look great, but at that point it would make more sense to shoot with the

SDX 900.

Jeff Regan

Shooting Star Video

www.ssv.com

• 2 weeks later...
Great imagery Jeff. Looks like a must see. What was the budget ?

Thank you Tim and Chris, I will pass the compliments on to the DP. I don't know what the budget is and

the feature has not been edited yet. There was no DIT on this project, just an AC who had recently graduated

from SF State. The DSR-450WS is a very powerful tool, amazing menu driven setup capability. I've got three

pages of scene files programmed onto the memory stick, it holds 99!

Jeff Regan

Shooting Star Video

www.ssv.com