My first short film

Alex Mizin

• Premium Member
Hello guys,

I'm in year 12 in Melbourne, Australia. It's my final year of secondary school. This is the final piece of assessment for my Media subject. Please take a look and tell me any comments or suggestions you might have,

Best regards,

Alex Mizin

http://www.mysharefile.com/v/1388774/JOKER...CUT_WM.wmv.html

Wow and this is your first short film? Very good. I liked the mood and your edits, there were some slight inconsistancies in lighting as well as some problems with the audio but it was definitely well done. The voiceovers had some popping between lines, maybe add some room tone or something. As far as the lighting concern goes, the scene where she's on the floor looking at the broken glass...at one point she seems a little darkly lit and then suddenly she's very bright. Maybe it's ok and it's just me.

Kev

Wow and this is your first short film? Very good. I liked the mood and your edits, there were some slight inconsistancies in lighting as well as some problems with the audio but it was definitely well done. The voiceovers had some popping between lines, maybe add some room tone or something. As far as the lighting concern goes, the scene where she's on the floor looking at the broken glass...at one point she seems a little darkly lit and then suddenly she's very bright. Maybe it's ok and it's just me.

Kev

You are dead straight on with the lighting. Basically I abandoned any thought of light continuity as I was desperately short for time. I finished the last shot about 7 hours before the delivery! I basically decided to screw it and just stick the lights in for the shadows where they looked ok and didn't get into shot. Having said that I only did have 2X500W lights I got from a hardware store.

The problems with sound are spot on also. I basically had to record with an attachment mike which was not very good quality. The 1st and 2nd voiceovers were slightly worked on to remove the noise and to add some pop to the sound but the last one was just cut in, I had no time for messing about with it - I presume that's when you heard the clicking?

Cheers for the comments,

Alex