please help!!!

Guest piyush sharma

Guest piyush sharma

hello

a friend of mine shot a film on jvc jy-du 100 or 101 (new model?) .we are in two different town, only talked on phone. now he wants me to edit his film .i got one premiere pro 2.0 installed on my machine currently.but also have AVID EXPRESS PRO 5 HD , but not installed currently .

now my query is he want me to edit his short film at my home and for that he wanst to convert his hd tapes in mini dv (with exact time code) with time code which i'll batch capture and edit and send him back with batch list (EDL) of edited film. he then gonna recapture the footage FROM ORIGINAL HD tapes, in say FCP using EDL ,get the final out put on hd as master tape and later will transfer in dvd for sending to festivals .

#now is it possible to trasfer the HD FOOTAGE to mini dv by connecting the camcorder to a Sony DSR Digital DVCAM / Mini DV Recorder/ Player?

#do FCP accept the EDL created by premiere pro 2. as i am more keen on editing on this machine. or we have to upgrade the footage using premiere pro 2 only ?

# is there nay bayyer way to do this?

appreciate a quick reply

regards

piyush