digital still camera blimp

Guest vkgopal

Guest vkgopal

Hi Friends,

One of my friend is working in international film as a still photographer,so he has the problem thet he can not take pictures becouse of live sound recording. If anybody knows abt still camera BLIMP pls give me the detail.

tks.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Hi Friends,

One of my friend is working in international film as a still photographer,so he has the problem thet he can not take pictures becouse of live sound recording. If anybody knows abt still camera BLIMP pls give me the detail.

tks.

On a recent shoot in Lithuania, the local stills man had a home made blimp for his digital stills camera. Simply made, it was basically a wooden hinged-box with a padded lining. The box had a hole cut out for the lens - then over the lens he'd fixed a telescopic tube to blimp/cover the lens barrel and it worked very effectively. He shot around us without hindrance... Hope this helps...

Rupe Whiteman UK

Simply made, it was basically a wooden hinged-box with a padded lining. The box had a hole cut out for the lens - then over the lens he'd fixed a telescopic tube to blimp/cover the lens barrel and it worked very effectively.

I go for this. I made one before (it's pain in the ass, though) and managed to shoot theater performances, recitals, etc.

Or, if he has several thousand bucks in excess, just switch to Leica - it can shoot at worse light than any other SLR (or DSLR) and it's noisless. He can also check if he can downgrade to a nice digital point and shoot which doesn't have noisy mirrors. It's not about the camera, it's about who stands behind it :)