Matchframe

Ryan Bates

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the post house Matchframe in Burbank. I'm a student filmmaker looking for supervised telecine for 16mm project and was curious how this company is, particularly with working with students.

Thanks.

They're great! Like anywhere else, you get what you pay for, though their prices are quite competitive and they really take the time to explain things to you and make sure you do what you really want to do, so you don't screw yourself up down the post road. Also I've found that many of the employees are used to having students around, and will sometimes stop their work to impart valuable information concerning any number of post-production topics.

--Do you mind if I ask what school it's for, and how many feet you'll have transfered?

They're great! Like anywhere else, you get what you pay for, though their prices are quite competitive and they really take the time to explain things to you and make sure you do what you really want to do, so you don't screw yourself up down the post road. Also I've found that many of the employees are used to having students around, and will sometimes stop their work to impart valuable information concerning any number of post-production topics.

--Do you mind if I ask what school it's for, and how many feet you'll have transfered?

Cal State Long Beach. I don't know how much footage I'll have but I'm thinking 2,000-3,000 feet.