HVX blowUp to 35

sibte hassan

Is there a checklist of things to cover while you do a 1080i to 35mm blowup test. I am using my HVX to shoot a feature "salud", rumor has it that we might get funded and my director wants to see how it would look like. Any suggestion as to what settings shall i have on my camera while i shoot certain scenes. Which stock and lab will be good for this kind of test? Any sort of help is appreciated.

I dont think that my camera can do 1080p

If that's the case I think you're in the wrong forum. The HVX can do 480, 720 and 1080 in progressive modes.

What country are you in? What market? Check out the local labs. Drop in talk to them, ask them questions. They'll be more than happy to walk you through all of the options that they personally offer, and their experience with each of them. They'll show you examples, they'll give you price estimates and they'll tell you what will get you the best results in post.

You want to get your post production services figured out before you start shooting. And everybody has different requirements, so I recommend talking to them before you start filming. They'll clearly lay out the best course of action so that they can deliver the highest quality product to you.

My local lab puts out this FAQ. Hopefully it'll help:

http://alphacine.com/tape2film/tapefaq.php

Edited by Gavin Greenwalt

I dont think I am in the wrong forum and before I go in the labs I need to know what to ask for, is there any particular stock to use or etc. thats all. When i said 1080p I mean straight 1080p, my bad, it does 1080i with 2:3:3:2 pulldown 24pa. thanks for the link, its quite helpful. Also, I am based in New York

Edited by sibte