Wide angle lens for Beaulieu R16?

Thomas Delfs

Guest Ole Dost
Hello,

I am looking for a c-mount wide angle lens for a Beaulieu R16, but I understand that RX lenses for Bolex cameras are not suitable, can anyone recommend a suitable lens ?

Many thanks

Tom

In general: Any c-mount lens that is not RX. Avoid c-mount-lenses for Videocameras. There are a lot of different c-mount wide angle lenses on Ebay. A very good and sharp c-mount wide angle lens is the Schneider Cinegon 1,8 10mm or the Schneider Cine-Xenon 2,0 16mm . These lenses are high-end - wide-angle-lenses. You can also use the Kern Switar wide-angle-lenses -if they are not signed as RX-lenses.

I hope this helps.

Ole

The Angenieux 10mm was an extremly sharp lens available in "C" mt. The Rx lenses were designed optically with the beam splitter block in mind, and were also set to .6875" flange focal depth as opposed to standard "C" mt. depth of .690". Now over the years I reset quite a few Rx lenses to standard depth for different people and never heard any negative feedback. So keep in mind if you see a "C" mounted lens engraved on the front barrel with Rx, (these were almost alwasy Kern-Switars) you have it checked on an auto-collimator or your footage scales could be off. :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Best option for the Beaulieu R16 would be either the Angenieux 10mm or better the Angenieux 5.9mm wide angle lens for real superwide shots. Both have very faint distortion (around 0.02%) which is very good.

Both come in C-Mount for the Beaulieu R16 camera series Don't know where you can find a dealer in USA but no problem in Europe.

Best option for the Beaulieu R16 would be either the Angenieux 10mm or better the Angenieux 5.9mm wide angle lens for real superwide shots. Both have very faint distortion (around 0.02%) which is very good.

Both come in C-Mount for the Beaulieu R16 camera series Don't know where you can find a dealer in USA but no problem in Europe.

Thanks for that Ayhan, I will look out for those. I recently bought a Schneider Cinegon 1,8 10mm, and just shot some test film with it on its own and with a Schneider Ultra Wide Lens adapter. Waiting to find out how it performs!

• Premium Member
The Angenieux 10mm was an extremly sharp lens available in "C" mt. The Rx lenses were designed optically with the beam splitter block in mind, and were also set to .6875" flange focal depth as opposed to standard "C" mt. depth of .690". Now over the years I reset quite a few Rx lenses to standard depth for different people and never heard any negative feedback. So keep in mind if you see a "C" mounted lens engraved on the front barrel with Rx, (these were almost alwasy Kern-Switars) you have it checked on an auto-collimator or your footage scales could be off. :ph34r:

Chuck, you say that instead of the standard "c" mount specs of .690" (17.52mm) the Rx mount flange focal depth is.6875" (17.46mm).

We must agree to differ.According to Bolex factory specs the ffd of Rx lenses is .8173" (20.76mm).

Bernie