How to get lots depth of field using a Z1?

Ermetekos

I was watching LOST, and I was amazed by the depth of field, i saw in many shots.

Do you think it is viable to get such an effect using an HDV camera?

And if so, how to go on about achieving such an effect, if you dont have an interchangeable lens or adapter.

thank u in advance

I was watching LOST, and I was amazed by the depth of field, i saw in many shots.

And if so, how to go on about achieving such an effect, if you dont have an interchangeable lens or adapter.

thank u in advance

Hi

for no long dof use neutral filters and minimize exposure.

Hi

for no long dof use neutral filters and minimize exposure.

i guess you mena set the aperture to it?s widest setting and then use ND, otherwise if u minimize exposure n use ND, u ll get pretty much sth looking black. no?

i guess you mena set the aperture to it’s widest setting and then use ND, otherwise if u minimize exposure n use ND, u ll get pretty much sth looking black. no?

I mean that when you minimize the exposure you minimize the dof. But if you need a lot of dof i thing that with a 1/3 ccd video camera just shut with wide lenses and alot of light and everything will be clear from US

to europe.

• Premium Member

thank u in advance

The optical rules for a lot of depth of field, you want to do some or all of the following:

-shoot on wide lenses

-place the camera far away from your subjects

-shoot with the iris stopped down

For less depth of field:

-use long lenses

-place the camera close to subjects

-shoot with a more open iris

The trick I won't tell you is how to do these things in the context of shooting to make it look natural and fit into the style of the picture ;)