"On a Life" - New Music Video

David Sweetman

Did this over the summer and finally got the spare time to finish it out. Youtube is the easiest way to share this, so that's what I'm using now... until I get a personal site up please bear with this nasty compression.

We tried to keep some visual themes going through the whole thing, generally low-key except for where appropriately high-key, contrasty, "blurry vision," fire, etc.

The whole thing was kind of spur-of-the-moment, Andrew had written a song, my brother recorded it, and we shot the video in spare time over the next week. Looking back I see a lot of things I think I'd have done differently with the setups and composition if I had put more time and thought into it, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oshZz4IFvR8

I think that the low-key lighting is TOO low-key. And, there's too much of it.

Too much silhouetting going on. Most of the shots of the artist are lit just enough to tell there's a face...but too dark to really see him, and the blackness everywhere doesn't say much for anything thats going on, I guess. Some of your choices for backgrounds

could have been a lot more interesting, like having more elements in the shot so that it fills the composition with content to make it more visually stimulating. I dig the globe in slowmo and the red in the blender, those were cool. But again, these are just my views, maybe you were going for these kind of things on purpose, so I cant trample on another's

art.

Not to bad.

Let me know what you think of a music video I just started working on.

http://thinkmonkeymedia.com/preview.htm

Edited by seth christian