Sd-930 vs SD93

Giancarlo Fiorentini

i've been trying to capture dvcpro 50 footage with the SD-930 deck into adobe premiere pro 1.5 but cannot get premiere to recognize the device as being online, even though the computer recognizes it when it is plugged into the firewire port. i've tried almost everything and am going to swap it out with an sd-93 tomorrow, but does anyone know if that could make any difference or is it just some kind of issue with premiere or my computer?

• 1 month later...

If I'm not mistaken, only Avid, Canopus (PCs) and Final Cut Pro (Mac) can capture DV50 codec via firewire natively. This includes a DVCPRO 50 codec at 7 mb/s. Premiere claims to support DV50, but I think it's not via Firewire - rather through SDI. The point of native firewire DV50 codec is to save huge space. That's very misleading advertising. If your footage is in DV25, it shouldn't be a problem. It'll be very interesting to see when Premiere Pro gets port to the Mac Universal around Summer '07. This will change things.

i've been trying to capture dvcpro 50 footage with the SD-930 deck into adobe premiere pro 1.5 but cannot get premiere to recognize the device as being online, even though the computer recognizes it when it is plugged into the firewire port. i've tried almost everything and am going to swap it out with an sd-93 tomorrow, but does anyone know if that could make any difference or is it just some kind of issue with premiere or my computer?
Edited by T-Spect Le