Nikon R10 questions

Joseph Ivey

I just bought a Nikon R10 on eBay and had a question about it. I am noticing that the focus seems to be off. I can zoom in and focus perfectly but once zoomed all the way out the focus goes soft. I isn't completely blurry but out of focus enough that it makes me a little concerned if there is something wrong with it. Any ideas?

I just bought a Nikon R10 on eBay and had a question about it. I am noticing that the focus seems to be off. I can zoom in and focus perfectly but once zoomed all the way out the focus goes soft. I isn't completely blurry but out of focus enough that it makes me a little concerned if there is something wrong with it. Any ideas?

First thing to check is the little focus adapter on the eyepeice- I can't remember what that's called...

Congrats, I really dig my R10 (I'll be posting footage I shot in Japan SOON), I hope you're happy with yours!

First thing to check is the little focus adapter on the eyepeice- I can't remember what that's called...

Congrats, I really dig my R10 (I'll be posting footage I shot in Japan SOON), I hope you're happy with yours!

Yeah, I checked that and at the best focus it is still blurry when pulled all the way out.

The R10 has a Macro facility built into the lens. This is a largish ring near the camera end of the lens (the zoom leaver is attatched to this ring). The ring moves forward (normal ?) and back (macro?). Perhaps your in the macro setting.

There is a God and he loves me. That is what it was. It was in macro setting. Once I adjusted it, it worked fine. Thanks for the help. I am now not have a stroke.