Sync Cameras only--no MOS

Jason Glucksman

If you're talking about an entire camera package (lenses, basic accessories, etc.), the only option in that price range that I can think of is a Russian camera like a Kinor 35H. Its basic design is a rip-off of the Moviecam SuperAmerica, they have a reputation for good mechanical design, though the electronics are less robust. I've never used one but they're out there from sites like RAF Camera or outlets on Ebay, more info at www.commiecam.com.

You could also get a arri 2b or c with a Tobin crystal sync motor and a blimp for around 5 to 8 grand if you look around and are patient. The Konvas 2m have sync motors but they are a btch to quiet down however on one website for them, there was an article about using cool edit 2000 to remove the camera sound and how to do it. They said the camera noise was in the "friendly" range so it could be removed without losing the dialog. I'll find the link if your interested. B)

Wow, I guess I'm wrong. A BL for under $10,000? Really? Is that with lenses? My answer was based on the fact that you need lenses, sticks, batteries, and a bunch of other accesories. I didn't figure it was possible.

Lenses, No lenses. That would put the price up in between 13,000-17,000 depending on the glass offered. In which case, I do not have any glass to offer. You may or may not need a lot of accessories, I bought the BL for the soul purpose of shooting for my reel. So it's no studio rig, but is ready to shoot.

Wow, I guess I'm wrong. A BL for under $10,000? Really? Is that with lenses? My answer was based on the fact that you need lenses, sticks, batteries, and a bunch of other accesories. I didn't figure it was possible.

There was a newly serviced really nice BL-1 with a lens package, 35mm, 50mm and 75mm, matte box and a like new lens blimp that went for under 10 grand 95 or 96 hundred or so, I forget, on ebay about a couple of weeks ago. I know we bid on it but quit at 45 hundred and went with a Kinor 35H w/ 12 lenses instead. They're out there but they're rare. B)

Lenses, No lenses. That would put the price up in between 13,000-17,000 depending on the glass offered. In which case, I do not have any glass to offer. You may or may not need a lot of accessories, I bought the BL for the soul purpose of shooting for my reel. So it's no studio rig, but is ready to shoot.

I may be interested. If you have any more info on your camera, don't hesitate to tell!! Thanks.