HVX200 RCA Video Out

Chad Stockfleth

• Premium Member

Anybody have trouble with the monitor out on their HVX? Using a BNC cable with an RCA adapter, seems to have come loose inside, a jiggle brings picture back, but we tried different cables and adapters so I think the problem is internal.

I wish they had put a BNC jack with an SDI option on this camera. The RCA's don't seem very sturdy to me.

Oh well, $6k camera...what do I expect.

• Premium Member

As a follow up, I talked to a friend of mine who has one and he is having the same problem. Seems to be a weak point in the design.

There is an S-Video out, and the CRT's we use will accept that, but still, I've only been using this camera for about 2 months. A little disappointing.

I don't own an HVX, but a shoot I was on had the same troubles too with the RCA video jack. Very flakey...the more we jiggled with it the less often we'd get an image. That whole jack area doesn't seem very robust; the panel has a bit too much give...like it's 'spongy'.

Aside from using the s-video out, to reduce strain on the RCA port, instead of going straight out to an rca-bnc adapter and have a heavy BNC cable hang off the camera, you could run a length of lighter, thinner RCA cable off the camera and then put the adapter on the end of that.