Recent experimental project - critique welcome.

Hi everyone,

here is my most recent work as a DP. The work was experimental.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JM8i39SbKk

I started shooting again this year after a break of about 5 years and decided to put all my passion and energy in to Cinematograpy - before I did producing and production managment on small tv projects, theatre projects etc...but I've always just wanted to have my hands on the camera.

Any comments are most welcome and I hope to put more of my work up here as I progress.

Thanks, Jacqueline...

Hi Karl,

I shot this on the Canon XL1, used a clear filter on the lens and painted on vaseline in 2 ways (one with a blured ring around the outside of the lens and the centre clear, and the second with the centre of lens blured and the outside clear and in focus, with the size of what can be seen through the lens, more or less depending on what we wanted to character to be experiencing. I used availible lighting only and almost everything was shot hand held.

There maybe another slightly different version coming soon - I haven't spoken to the director for a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday in India - but she maybe be tweaking a little before it's complete.

My idea was about focusing intensly on the dancer in her beauty and passion, her soul, but isolate her from the world she is living in and vice versa - sometimes she is a blur of energy and passion, she still exists, perhaps she's fighting to exist but she is completely unrecognisable, unnoticed to and by the people / society around her.

Jacqueline...