sync your super 8

alfredoparra

So you want to crystal sync your super 8, here we go! crystal sync is a micro encoder that you program, it locks the speed of the motor in a closed loop meaning no power lost to the motor. the encoder cost about $100.00 if your camera has a flash contact no need for a shaft encoder but if it dosent then you need one! a shaft encoder cost $40.00 this slips on the shaft of the motor and has to wires that connect to the micro processer.

buy micro processor $100.00

buy shaft encoder $40.00

program micro processor to run at the rpms you want 1440 rpm = 24fps on 1:1 shaft

slip encoder on motor shaft and connect to processor, download software for free and set the speed you want!

a beaulieu 4008 is easy to do because it has a rotory encoder installed at factory, simply connect the flash

output into the micro processor input via two wires A, B, connect the camera motor to the micro processor input and two wires output from the processor to the motor then program the speed! Your done! you have a crystal sync camera! you will need a laser digital tachometer to mearsure speed, you can get one on ebay for $30 to $100 if your serious and ready to do this go to www.gamatronix.com and download the pdf file this shows you the diagran connections, they will be happy to help you program the mirco processor! they also have a forum loaded with experts including members of NASA so you cant go wrong! why pay $550.00 for something you can do for $100.00

All you DIY folks that take on this project I ask that you post your project information in this forum for others to learn and save! Its all I ask in return of this information! It took me alot of time and reseach to bring this information to you! Good luck and happy syncing!

www.gamatronix.com has the micro processors in stock and on there webpage! if you need to know where to buy a shaft encoder let me know, I dident list the distributor in this forum!!!