Best option for 24p w/FX1?

tony corella

I am shooting a short on an FX1 next week and we are trying to figure out the best option for a more "filmic" look frame rate wise. I know there is a cineframe mode in camera that can do a fake 24 and 30 mode. Has anyone had any luck with shooting 60i and using a program like magic bullet or dvfilm to convert to 24p? I know there is some inherent quality loss but I dont have time to do tests myself before the shoot. Anyone have any footage of either cf or a magic bullet? Thanks.

tony corella

I am shooting a short on an FX1 next week and we are trying to figure out the best option for a more "filmic" look frame rate wise. I know there is a cineframe mode in camera that can do a fake 24 and 30 mode. Has anyone had any luck with shooting 60i and using a program like magic bullet or dvfilm to convert to 24p? I know there is some inherent quality loss but I dont have time to do tests myself before the shoot. Anyone have any footage of either cf or a magic bullet? Thanks.

tony corella

I have been using dv film maker with very good results. It is very important to keep the camera shutter speed at 1/60th. Check out the link below.

http://www.dvfilm.com/maker/index.htm

Guest piyush sharma

i am wondering if fx1E (pal ,25 frames per sec) is batter option for film look then fx1(ntsc ,30 fps) .

it depends on how you're finishing. if you're going to ntsc video 25p will be a pain. cf24 works out of the box but causes jerky motion. if you're doing a film out 25p is a good choice, but i suspect 60i through magic bullet is even better in that case and without the audio stretch problem.

/matt