What am I looking at?

Jim Keller

I've got a IIb (I think) that I'm getting ready to sell -- bought it with the intention of giving up video and working in my preferred medium, but that never materialized. :(

There's a six-pin DIN connector on the back of the camera, and I'm wondering if that means this is one of the Pilotone cameras, or if it does something else altogether... My searches came up empty and the manual I found for the camera doesn't think any such connector should be there.

35-4.jpg

Does anyone out there know what the blue six-pin connector is for? Sadly, my knowledge of film cameras (and dual-system audio) is extremely limited.

Thanks!

--Jim

Shure looks like a sync output to me. Pin# 1 is ground and pin#6 should be positive voltage. Run the camera and take a reading to be sure. Bernie

Dummy that I am, I don't have any power for the camera. This wasn't a big deal when I bought it, as it had been recently serviced and had just finished shooting a feature, and I was planning to imminently replace its (25 fps) motor, and could buy batteries and cables then. However, life intervened and as a result I've never even turned it on. The upshot of all this is that someone is going to get an amazing deal, since I can't in good conscience say that I'm certain it's production-ready.

I know what I'm doing when I buy video equipment. Honest. :)

Thanks for the help, everyone!

Edited by Jim Keller