Kinor/K3 clips

Richardson Leao

i have recentely finished a project (a dog's heart, from bulgakov). It was all filmed in 16mm using my kinor and k3. i included few clips (mostly the ones i developed). if you want to see the good quality ones (lab developed) i'll be posting it soon.

http://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/~rleao/dogheart.html

There are a few I didn't edit yet and yoy can choose it by:

http://jcsmr.anu.edu.au/~rleao/samples/.

Sorry about the telegraphic message but i'll post a decent post after i finish the website.

there's also of cross processed stuff there. e6 film, exp 1972, processed w c41, 37C, reversal bw as neg bw etc.

Hello ,

i am planing to shoot in march a long using K3 and Kinor 16

i bought the Kinor recently from ebay and waiting her .my K3 short experience made me buy the kinor ...

do you mind telling how was it in general , how noisy is the Kinor , what kind of motor , any prob with the magz , any scratched on the film? ... i mean any tips will be great .

tkxs tavarich :)

w

Hello ,

i am planing to shoot in march a long using K3 and Kinor 16

i bought the Kinor recently from ebay and waiting her .my K3 short experience made me buy the kinor ...

do you mind telling how was it in general , how noisy is the Kinor , what kind of motor , any prob with the magz , any scratched on the film? ... i mean any tips will be great .

tkxs tavarich :)

w

Hi,

i had no problems w the kinor. I do suggest you to have the motor modified to multispeed (Olexandr). Some of the clips shown there are shot at 12fps and 48fps. Make sure the film is tensed at the take up spool of the mags and nothing wrong will happen. About the noise. It's a bit noisy but nothing unmanagable. I am very close in finishing a little program that denoises sound files from my kinor using 24fps using some fancy mathematical algorithms I developed during my masters. i'll keep you posted.

Hi,

i had no problems w the kinor. I do suggest you to have the motor modified to multispeed (Olexandr). Some of the clips shown there are shot at 12fps and 48fps. Make sure the film is tensed at the take up spool of the mags and nothing wrong will happen. About the noise. It's a bit noisy but nothing unmanagable. I am very close in finishing a little program that denoises sound files from my kinor using 24fps using some fancy mathematical algorithms I developed during my masters. i'll keep you posted.

great ! i am looking forward to hear from you ,

i tried to check the videos you posted but couldn t download them ( problemes with my PC ) .

about charging the magz ;

i know with AAton , there is a trick you should keep 15frames "free" - i dont know how to explain it more ,

nothing like that for the Kinor ?

cheers

w

great ! i am looking forward to hear from you ,

i tried to check the videos you posted but couldn t download them ( problemes with my PC ) .

about charging the magz ;

i know with AAton , there is a trick you should keep 15frames "free" - i dont know how to explain it more ,

nothing like that for the Kinor ?

cheers

w

I don't think there's any similar probs. kinor mags are insanely simple. the only thing it can go wrong is that if the film between the cog reel and the take uo spool is floppy, the film can roll over the spool jamming it.

Ya sorry, 16mm usually looks a million times better than this but it looks this way because you choose stylistically for it to look like this, right?

if this stoop had read what the clips were about... (also, i haven't finish the page yet, so there's a lack of description) the NP7 was expired in 1982, iso 400 and the idea was to show the world on dog's eyes, low definition, kind of unsharp edges (based on a dog eye physiology). The developer also was a mixture of D19 and instant coffee.

I don;'t want to compare home processing with continuous lab processing but for the effect I was looking for it really works.

Also, my idea was to do a film using only old expired film, the NP7 rolls I've bought in a flea market in St Petersburg for less than a dollar each and they were sitting in the sun for god knows how long. After a few test I thought that it would be close enough for a dog's perspective. Off course there's always the possibility of getting the sterile looks of other dog films like benji or bethoven, but this film was never supposed to look like it.

I'll get the clips from the new kodak vision (that are part of the film later on). Anyway, I just want to show that, depending on the effect, old expired film can be used.

also, that was again for comparison. NP7 30 years old vs. double x ( sample1_7231 .mpg (11MB)) ~15 years old, same clip (both processed w kodak d19 and coffee)

if this stoop had read what the clips were about... (also, i haven't finish the page yet, so there's a lack of description) the NP7 was expired in 1982, iso 400 and the idea was to show the world on dog's eyes, low definition, kind of unsharp edges (based on a dog eye physiology). The developer also was a mixture of D19 and instant coffee.

I don;'t want to compare home processing with continuous lab processing but for the effect I was looking for it really works.

Also, my idea was to do a film using only old expired film, the NP7 rolls I've bought in a flea market in St Petersburg for less than a dollar each and they were sitting in the sun for god knows how long. After a few test I thought that it would be close enough for a dog's perspective. Off course there's always the possibility of getting the sterile looks of other dog films like benji or bethoven, but this film was never supposed to look like it.

I'll get the clips from the new kodak vision (that are part of the film later on). Anyway, I just want to show that, depending on the effect, old expired film can be used.

also, that was again for comparison. NP7 30 years old vs. double x ( sample1_7231 .mpg (11MB)) ~15 years old, same clip (both processed w kodak d19 and coffee)

Oh, I forgot to mention, i developed the film using a morse G3 tank.