Fight Club

mmonte000

Theres a scene in fight club where Brad Pitt is in a bar and there is this bright green on his face. I've seen it in a lot of different movies and still haven't been a ble to find out what gel and type of light they used.

Please help

Thanks

Theres a scene in fight club where Brad Pitt is in a bar and there is this bright green on his face. I've seen it in a lot of different movies and still haven't been a ble to find out what gel and type of light they used.

Please help

Thanks

perhaps plus green....or perhaps they decided to light him practically with flourescents. Whatever it is, it's obvious that Jeff Cronenweth learned a lot from working on Se7evn with Darius Khondji. Also, I'm sure it had a lot to do with the fact that Claudio Miranda was the gaffer on both.

newbie here...

think it has more to do w/ who jeff's dad was. btw: i agree that they most likely used the natural lights--->flourescents (which naturally look green on film)... may have even added a few banks more as well.

just mho.

cheers.

• Premium Member
but I didn't think anyone would want to risk that.

It's not a risk when you've tested it and know what results it will give you. I intentionally use fluorescents for their green color temp all the time. You can also use a mixture of plusgreen and CTB gel on tungsten lamps to create the same color (for example, when you want to supplement the light of fluorescents with tungsten sources, but want the color to match).

If you can point out the particular scene, I can take a look at the DVD and venture a guess as to what the light source was. Bear in mind that all movies go through color timing (and telecine correction), which can change the color of all the lamps on the set. It's easy to create that green glow from straight tungsten lamps if you want, as long as you don't mind all the other sources shifted green as well.