CANON SCOOPIC ISSUE

Easton Sheahan-Lee

Hi everyone,

Just got my Scoopic in the mail today and.......a problem. It seems to run smoothly as long as the acces panel to all of the inner workings is on but as soon as I open it it stops working! Anyone have any ideas???? It seems when I open the door the two silver film guides clamp down.....Anything I can do or does it require professional repair?

Edited by Easton Sheahan-Lee

exactly, like it just clamps down and stops advancing, but it runs fine when the mag is closed.

I think I solved the problem, there was a small silver button I depressed and it works now all though the only thing advancing is the take up spool, nothing else is moving....is this normal?

• Premium Member

The feed spindle will only move when you're all loaded up with film. Then it will be pulled by the claw and take-up spindle. However, the claw should be moving when running without film. Take out the pressure plare and , running, see if the claw is advancing.

Bernie

I just figured out the problem, the take up spool was getting caught on the closing latch, so I just filed it down a bit and now it's working fine...PHEWWWW! :blink:

Another quick question, for setting the F-Stop, my understanding is that all you have to do is twist the ring on the front of the camera mounted on the light meter or other glassy lense thing....is this correct or is there something i am missing?