X ray

Hello ,

i ll be travelling tomorow ,and am thinking about taking my 16 cam and some 30ft Eastman 7231 from a stock that i brought with me from MOntreal - the canadian already Xrayed them , and am pretty sure the french will do tomorow ,also the german on my way back

should i take them with me knowing they ll be Xrayed twice ?

i know what the custom guy will say ; less than 4000 asa have no prob to be scanned .

what do you think ?

cheers

w

Only 30 ft?

They've already been x-rayed eh? I'm guessing there's already some damage done to them, but to be safe, you should just FedEx'em home with a giant "DO NOT X-RAY" label.

Yeah.

Which someone will take to mean "DO NOT X-RAY! TERRORIST STUFF INSIDE!" and decide to open it up.

Well, of course whenever you ship something FedEx, especially between countries, you're asked to divulge what items you're actually sending if you're needing to make such a request.

In which case you'd probably write "Photosensitive Material" or something to that effect "DO NOT X-RAY"

take a charging-bag with you and ask for hand-inspection.

If you can't avoid X-raying take the stuff in your hand-luggage, the hand-luggage scanners usually harm less. I had a couple of times Tri-X going thru hand-luggage-scanners and there was no harm at all...but you never know..

NEVER!!! put film in the check-in-luggage, the check-in-luggage scanners will fog your film for sure...