Arri SR2 high speed

Christophe Collette

Hi, I will be shooting a video next week with the Arri SR2 High Speed, we will be playing with the shutter angle a bit, I was wondering if the SR2 was like the SR3, meaning you use the screwdriver thingie to adjust shutter angle manually... Also, if anyone knows this out of the blue, what is the correction for 45 degree shutter angle, I believe it is in the range of two stops overexposure but I am not sure....

Thanks!

Christophe

• Premium Member
Hi, I will be shooting a video next week with the Arri SR2 High Speed, we will be playing with the shutter angle a bit, I was wondering if the SR2 was like the SR3, meaning you use the screwdriver thingie to adjust shutter angle manually... Also, if anyone knows this out of the blue, what is the correction for 45 degree shutter angle, I believe it is in the range of two stops overexposure but I am not sure....

The SR2 has a fixed shutter (non-adjustable). The regular non-high speed version has a 180 degree shutter. Don't know about the high speed camera. There might be versions of this camera with adjustable shutter angles, but they're not stock.

Changing the shutter angle from 180 to 45 will decrease your exposure by 2 stops.

Never seen an SR2 with an adjustable shutter angle, interesting if you have one.

But yeah, 45 degrees means you would have to open up 2 stops.

180 is "normal", 90 is -1, 45 is -2. So you have to compensate. Was it "Gladiator" where the action sequences were shot at a 45 degree shutter angle? I hope you enjoy that effect :)