Power Requirements

Rolfe Klement

Dear All

I am looking for a mains power supply unit for my 3C motor - the motor does crystal 25fps and 24fps, forward and reverse. Varaible speed from 5 > 60fps.

I have a Cinepower 12V 6AH battery belt that works fine and am looking for a mains power supply. The battery belt can run the camera and Video Assist for 2 hours no problem. The Video Assist unit is 12V and 3.5W

What would be the specs of the unit I need

thanks

Rolfe

Dear All

I am looking for a mains power supply unit for my 3C motor - the motor does crystal 25fps and 24fps, forward and reverse. Varaible speed from 5 > 60fps.

I have a Cinepower 12V 6AH battery belt that works fine and am looking for a mains power supply. The battery belt can run the camera and Video Assist for 2 hours no problem. The Video Assist unit is 12V and 3.5W

What would be the specs of the unit I need

thanks

Rolfe

Can you be more specific about what you need? Are you saying your 12 volt 6AH battery doesn't last long enough? I have a 12 volt motors, 18 volt motors, and a 24 volt motor. I have various batteries for each. If your looking for something that lasts longer, try a 12 volt block battery. You can make your own quite easily. If you want a 12 volt battery that will last longer, try an Odyssey 12 volt lead acid battery. They make one that isn't too big and is rated at 9 amps, however they have to be made to military specs, so in reality its probably more like 11 AH. Or, you could wire up two together, and have an 18 AH block battery. Just put an in-line fuse on the negative side (your charger should have on on the positive side) and seal it inside something like a pelican case. You can also use a custom case like an "innserspace case" but they are more expensive.

• Premium Member
I have a Cinepower 12V 6AH battery belt that works fine and am looking for a mains power supply. The battery belt can run the camera and Video Assist for 2 hours no problem.

Are you saying your 6AH belt will run the motor and video assist for 2 hours, not just the video tap in standby with occasional filming? If so then you're drawing less than 3 amps running and any supply with a 3 amp or better rating will work. I construct supplies out of standard electronic industries brick supplies for my needs. I often find them in surplus for bargains.

Poke around http://www.candhsales.biz/cgi-bin/shop991/...POWS.htm#PS2156 . Their item PS2310 looks like it might be a good one for you. Brick supplies need some sort of case, I've used small metal toolboxes on occasion for a quick and dirty solution