CINEMATOGRAPHY.COM AWARDS

Mungai Kiroga

Habari yenu (How are you)?

[/indent]It's awards season again. That time when we honour and recognize. I've been thinking, maybe we should start our own informal awards. The CINEMATOGRAPHY.COM awards. Nominated and voted for by members of the site.Nothing serious, just a thread for members to nominate their personal favourites.

[/indent]What do you think about the idea? We could nominate people and films that we feel have made a mark over the past year. Then after a couple of weeks we will compile the names and see who we all feel is the best.

Categories may include,
  1. Best cinematography in a music video

2. Best cinematography in a documentary

3. Best H.D cinematography

4. Best Aerial Cinematogaphy

5. Best film 2006

and any other categoriesyou may wish to add.

The only problems that lie in the way are that certain members would win it year after year.

Namely, myself. (kidding)

Unless we did a thing where members could only win an award once or something.

And how about an under 25's best cinematography award. Gotta give us newbies a chance at something.

EDIT:

Oops sorry, I thought you meant an awards event based on members of the board.

Either one would be cool though.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith

The only problems that lie in the way are that certain members would win it year after year.

Namely, myself. (kidding)

Unless we did a thing where members could only win an award once or something.

And how about an under 25's best cinematography award. Gotta give us newbies a chance at something.

EDIT:

Oops sorry, I thought you meant an awards event based on members of the board.

Either one would be cool though.

No, I didn't mean an event, just a simple online award. I'm sure there are several films that stand out from a cinematogaphy point of view. Since this site has thousands of members, I know we can come up with something.

So start nominating...

we could start to have all our reels online and and offer our contacts a chance to look at our work from the site?

just an idea

I agree. Nominees should be lifted from the reels and demoes portions of the site for us to vote on as well. So most the awards will be for theatrically released films, but then some award categories for and by Cinematography.commers, solely.

Now, who's in charge of gettin'er done?