Reel V2

wow, that was some amazing stuff there!

i especially enjoyed the shot of the womans back, beautifully lit.

my only critique would be that it might be a tad too long, but as i know from personal reel experiences, cutting your own material is the hardest thing to do :)

oh, and could it be that some shots were not de-interlaced? i think i saw lines when horizontal movement was happenening here and there..

other than that, magnificent.

might i dare to ask what exact settings you exported this quicktime movie with? i've been fiddling around with that h264(?) codec for hours but never got results that looked and streamed that good...

all the best,

Edited by Alex Haspel

Hi I have a new reel online. Got to refine a couple things but is pretty close.

Before I lock it any opinions would;d be of great help.

Thanks and best!

http://www.mb-dp.com/tempindex.html

WOW! Really bnice, ballsy stuff - love the predominance of dark in your shots, all very effective, very stylish. Do you have any scenes or moments that are more open and less-contrasty? I'm just thinking if you run accross a director/producer looking for that style, you would have such a sample. Otherwise what a beautiful reel!

hp

I second what Alex said. All of the photography is beautifully done ... As good as everything looks, I'd even say it picks up near the musical crescendo ... The jib shot of the girl studying and the previous shot of the girl tied up on the bed are both really powerful images. That said, I agree that it's a little long.

Best,

Jon.

Hi thanks for the ideas!

About the h264 I am using it a 1600kbs per second 29.97 and 720*480 in case of the high res. But working n getting it better. AS well what kills the zie is the sound codec. I think Acc is the option (or aac) is the same one the use for the trailers at apple. Acutally if you have quicktime pro download a trailer and check the movie info.

Yea I feel is a bit long too...(form em super long I have watched like a zillion times cutting it) and I will get it shorter but i have some other stuff so checking what to drop.I feel as you said it may be a little claustrophobic but I am waiting on getting some material I shot (sunsets, landscapes etc).

Gona keep working on it so thanks a lot!

Miguel