K3 motor

Federico Casal

Hi!

I was wondering if any of the people who has used a K3 has faced problems with the wind up motor, such as irregular speeds of fps when set to a constant speed, and thus the film looking weird...?

I was asking this thing because it caught my attention the idea of not being able to synchronyze sound because the fps could be irregular.

And another question... Can one wind up while filming so you can get to shoot longer shots, like "steadycam" shots...?

Thank you!! :D

Hi!

I was wondering if any of the people who has used a K3 has faced problems with the wind up motor, such as irregular speeds of fps when set to a constant speed, and thus the film looking weird...?

I was asking this thing because it caught my attention the idea of not being able to synchronyze sound because the fps could be irregular.

And another question... Can one wind up while filming so you can get to shoot longer shots, like "steadycam" shots...?

Hi Federico!

the motor of the k3 is not cristal sync as you know so the fps are irregular. the k3 is good shooting at 24fps anyway you will have some sync problems that im sure you can fix in audio post.

about the second question i never try to wind up the camera while is running but some guy in this forum tell he do and works!!

my advice is that if youre involve in a project with sync sound try to have another camera, like kinor, eclaire...

la k3 es de mis camaras favoritas!! diviertete con ella, es una gran camara para explorar!!

Bye!!

Treegan

Hi!

Krasnogorsk-3 camera have mechanical motor with mechanical system of speed stabilization.

This is system of speed control have inertia brake.

The volume of press of brake on brake disk depend at speed of rotation of axis of mechanism of speed control.

The mechanical system of speed control have low precision +/- 20...10%

The modern electronic system of crystal sync speed stabilization have precision 0.01%.

You can see difference.

From other side, the rotational moment of spring motor differ with full load of spring and at end of work of spring. That's why, the speed will differ with full load spring and end of work of spring motor.

The mechanism of camera can have bad condition, will need service and modification.

If you need shoot of dialogues ,the cine camera must have electrical motor with system of crystal sync speed stabilization or electrical motor with Pilot-Signal system.

Krasnogprsk-3 semi-professional cine camera. And,

If you have high technical request at quality of footages, you need choose other cine camera.

I can recommend Kinor-16 SX-2M, Eclair, Arri.

Kinor-16 SX-2M have transport mechanism with high stable frame position, have registration pin, have 30m, 120 m film magazines, electrical motor with Pilot signal.

The electrical motor can be modify on crystal sync speed control with microprocessor.

The lenses can be from 6 mm up to 300 mm.

The zoom lenses can be 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm, 12-120 mm.

Kinor can be modify or Super 16, Arri PL lens mount version.

The magazine " Small Format " print a big article of Ole Dost about Kinor-16 camera with many pictures of camera and accessories.

If you interested, You can ask of Ole Dost or me to send you article on English.

Guest Ole Dost
Krasnogorsk-3 camera have mechanical motor with mechanical system of speed stabilization.

This is system of speed control have inertia brake.

The volume of press of brake on brake disk depend at speed of rotation of axis of mechanism of speed control.

The mechanical system of speed control have low precision +/- 20...10%

The modern electronic system of crystal sync speed stabilization have precision 0.01%.

You can see difference.

From other side, the rotational moment of spring motor differ with full load of spring and at end of work of spring. That's why, the speed will differ with full load spring and end of work of spring motor.

The mechanism of camera can have bad condition, will need service and modification.

If you need shoot of dialogues ,the cine camera must have electrical motor with system of crystal sync speed stabilization or electrical motor with Pilot-Signal system.

Krasnogprsk-3 semi-professional cine camera. And,

If you have high technical request at quality of footages, you need choose other cine camera.

I can recommend Kinor-16 SX-2M, Eclair, Arri.

Kinor-16 SX-2M have transport mechanism with high stable frame position, have registration pin, have 30m, 120 m film magazines, electrical motor with Pilot signal.

The electrical motor can be modify on crystal sync speed control with microprocessor.

The lenses can be from 6 mm up to 300 mm.

The zoom lenses can be 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm, 12-120 mm.

Kinor can be modify or Super 16, Arri PL lens mount version.

The magazine " Small Format " print a big article of Ole Dost about Kinor-16 camera with many pictures of camera and accessories.

If you interested, You can ask of Ole Dost or me to send you article on English.

Hi,

For interest in the english version of the article you can go to the homepage of the magazine "smallformat" where it has been published. Here you can order the whole magazine or do the download of the article:

www.smallformat.schiele-schoen.de

Best regards,

Ole Dost