Questions

Federico Casal

Hi, I'm on doubt.

I want to shoot on film. The thing is my budget is low, around U$S 300. I want the best quality as possible and the best camera I can get my hands on. I was thinking of a Krasnogorsk 3, cheap, 16mm, simple, but I've read some complaints about it. Like, the film is going to get scratched if it doesn't come straight from Russia, and that the fps are irregular because it doesn't have a sync motor. On the other hand, I can get my hands on a super 8 camera. I can get a Nikon R10 easily, but the thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is the idea that super 8 is worse quality than 16mm. I wanted to ask, how worse? What camera should I get? I've seen Bell & Howell 16mm cameras on Ebay... are they better than the Krasnogorsk 3? Do they share the same issue with the variable fps with their motor? Are they quieter?

I will apreciate all details you can give me! Thank to you all. :)

PD: Can you tell what kind of camera is Stanley using?

banner.jpg

Hi, I'm on doubt.

I want to shoot on film. The thing is my budget is low, around U$S 300. I want the best quality as possible and the best camera I can get my hands on. I was thinking of a Krasnogorsk 3, cheap, 16mm, simple, but I've read some complaints about it. Like, the film is going to get scratched if it doesn't come straight from Russia, and that the fps are irregular because it doesn't have a sync motor. On the other hand, I can get my hands on a super 8 camera. I can get a Nikon R10 easily, but the thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is the idea that super 8 is worse quality than 16mm. I wanted to ask, how worse? What camera should I get? I've seen Bell & Howell 16mm cameras on Ebay... are they better than the Krasnogorsk 3? Do they share the same issue with the variable fps with their motor? Are they quieter?

banner.jpg

Stanley also used the IIC in a Cine 60 fibreglass blimp

Don

Boston UK

Hi, I'm on doubt.

banner.jpg

The Bell and Howell Filmo is a good sturdy camera and produces good pictures. They and their 35mm brother the Eyemo produced much of the World War 2 battle footage seen today. There are many around and are a good camera to get started with. A good second choice is the Bolex. The non-reflex models are a good buy along with the early reflex models. Other good 16mm choices include the Kodak K100 and the later Bell and Howell model 240.