Super 8mm Cine Equipment Sale

Scott Bullock

I've decided that it's time to clear out some of my stuff, so if you are interested in any of the items below, please email me at zodiacslayer13@aol.com.

1. Canon 814 XL-S -- $450.00

This camera is in excellent shape. It's been a workhorse for me, but I've got other Super 8 cameras so . . . <sigh> . . . :( . . . this one is going to have to go. The optics are as clear and scratch-free as the day it rolled off the assembly line. There are some scratches on the body from normal use, but optically, electronically, and mechanically this camera is flawless. It comes with a lens hood, sky filter, and lens cap. If you are a collector or just want it, I'll throw in an original Canon boom microphone as well. That's a modest price for this particular camera; I saw one go on eBay a couple of days ago for about one hundred dollars higher than my asking price.

2. Canon 1014 XL-S -- $325.00 (OBO)

Yes, the price is correct. This camera is mechanically and electronically very sound, but the front element has some flaws and the body itself has seen better days; there are quite a few dings and dents and the paint is worn in places. Also, there seems to be a problem somewhere in the viewfinder or viewing system because when you look through the eyepiece everything appears slightly hazy. I do not believe that it's the lens itself because the front element is not THAT bad. I think the problem might exist at the prism or somewhere in the viewing system. You can still see well enough to focus, and at first it just looks like the lens is taking a massive hit. I've tested this camera for function and everything works great except for the needle inside the viewfinder that signifies how much film is left; it no longer works, but the counter on the side does. I've never film tested this camera, so I don't know if this "haze" affects the image. I bought it to use for spare parts for another 1014 that I have but I've never needed it. I'm essentially selling this camera for the same reason I bought it: parts. That said; it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this camera actually created decent images. Use it for parts, use it as a crash camera, or make some repairs and use it daily; I'll leave that to you.

3. Minolta Autopak D10 -- $225.00

This camera is a gem and, like the 814 XL-S listed above, it's going to be a shame to see it go because this is one awesome and loaded camera. This camera is flawless in every respect; mechanically, optically, and electronically. And the body only shows the most minimal signs of use. Just check out the basic specs on this camera: Lens: 7 - 70mm, F1.8; auto and manual zoom with 5 (!) speeds; frame rates of 8, 12, 18, 24, 32, 50 & single frame; variable shutter; exposure compensation; auto/manual exposure, exposure lock. This camera achieves its higher frame rates via an accessory motor that is INCLUDED with the camera. It will also take an intervalometer motor, but I don't have that one. The camera comes with an original fitted case (good condition), and an instruction manual, which is exhaustive and even includes depth of field charts! This camera is a real beauty and will accommodate ALL of the current Super 8 stocks being made.

If you are interested in any or all of these cameras, please email me at the address provided above. I'll be happy to answer questions and provide photographs to those seriously interested. I'd rather sell these cameras to someone with an honest interest in cinematography, filmmaking, and Super 8 in particular, which is why I'm listing them here for awhile before putting them on eBay. Email me and we'll work out payment and shipping details, but suffice it to say, I can take payments through Paypal and prefer to use the USPS for shipping. If you are outside of the US, you must pay me through Paypal in US dollars and accommodate your own customs, taxes, etc., or whatever applies to you.

I'm not a retailer or motion picture rental supply house; I am a semi-professional (sometimes I make money, sometimes I don't ;) ) filmmaker who takes his equipment seriously. I can assure you that I've described these items as they are. The only camera here that I haven't personally used is the Canon 1014 XL-S; the other two cameras have been used, cared for, and maintained by me personally. None of these cameras have ever been in need of repair and they work as they should and make wonderful Super 8 images.

If you took the time to read all of this, I thank you.

I've decided that it's time to clear out some of my stuff, so if you are interested in any of the items below, please email me at zodiacslayer13@aol.com.

1. Canon 814 XL-S -- $450.00

This camera is in excellent shape. It's been a workhorse for me, but I've got other Super 8 cameras so . . . <sigh> . . . :( . . . this one is going to have to go. The optics are as clear and scratch-free as the day it rolled off the assembly line. There are some scratches on the body from normal use, but optically, electronically, and mechanically this camera is flawless. It comes with a lens hood, sky filter, and lens cap. If you are a collector or just want it, I'll throw in an original Canon boom microphone as well. That's a modest price for this particular camera; I saw one go on eBay a couple of days ago for about one hundred dollars higher than my asking price.

2. Canon 1014 XL-S -- $325.00 (OBO)

Yes, the price is correct. This camera is mechanically and electronically very sound, but the front element has some flaws and the body itself has seen better days; there are quite a few dings and dents and the paint is worn in places. Also, there seems to be a problem somewhere in the viewfinder or viewing system because when you look through the eyepiece everything appears slightly hazy. I do not believe that it's the lens itself because the front element is not THAT bad. I think the problem might exist at the prism or somewhere in the viewing system. You can still see well enough to focus, and at first it just looks like the lens is taking a massive hit. I've tested this camera for function and everything works great except for the needle inside the viewfinder that signifies how much film is left; it no longer works, but the counter on the side does. I've never film tested this camera, so I don't know if this "haze" affects the image. I bought it to use for spare parts for another 1014 that I have but I've never needed it. I'm essentially selling this camera for the same reason I bought it: parts. That said; it honestly wouldn't surprise me if this camera actually created decent images. Use it for parts, use it as a crash camera, or make some repairs and use it daily; I'll leave that to you.

3. Minolta Autopak D10 -- $225.00

This camera is a gem and, like the 814 XL-S listed above, it's going to be a shame to see it go because this is one awesome and loaded camera. This camera is flawless in every respect; mechanically, optically, and electronically. And the body only shows the most minimal signs of use. Just check out the basic specs on this camera: Lens: 7 - 70mm, F1.8; auto and manual zoom with 5 (!) speeds; frame rates of 8, 12, 18, 24, 32, 50 & single frame; variable shutter; exposure compensation; auto/manual exposure, exposure lock. This camera achieves its higher frame rates via an accessory motor that is INCLUDED with the camera. It will also take an intervalometer motor, but I don't have that one. The camera comes with an original fitted case (good condition), and an instruction manual, which is exhaustive and even includes depth of field charts! This camera is a real beauty and will accommodate ALL of the current Super 8 stocks being made.

If you are interested in any or all of these cameras, please email me at the address provided above. I'll be happy to answer questions and provide photographs to those seriously interested. I'd rather sell these cameras to someone with an honest interest in cinematography, filmmaking, and Super 8 in particular, which is why I'm listing them here for awhile before putting them on eBay. Email me and we'll work out payment and shipping details, but suffice it to say, I can take payments through Paypal and prefer to use the USPS for shipping. If you are outside of the US, you must pay me through Paypal in US dollars and accommodate your own customs, taxes, etc., or whatever applies to you.

I'm not a retailer or motion picture rental supply house; I am a semi-professional (sometimes I make money, sometimes I don't ;) ) filmmaker who takes his equipment seriously. I can assure you that I've described these items as they are. The only camera here that I haven't personally used is the Canon 1014 XL-S; the other two cameras have been used, cared for, and maintained by me personally. None of these cameras have ever been in need of repair and they work as they should and make wonderful Super 8 images.

If you took the time to read all of this, I thank you.

Hello all;

I'm reducing the price on the Canon 814 XL-S to $425.00 USD and the price on the 1014 XL-S to $300.00 USD.

The Minolta Autopak D10 is currently ON RESERVE for someone for another 24 hours.

Thanks

Both the Minolta Autopak D10 and the Canon 814XL-S have been sold.

The Canon 1014XL-S is still available for parts or repair (read original description).

Thanks to everyone who showed an interest in these cameras. I hope I was able to answer all of your questions.

For the two people who purchased the cameras, please put them to good use!

Thanks.