Star Wars Fan Film

Michael Hydzik

• Premium Member

Nice efx but the camera work needs....well work. Lessen the amount of handheld shots or at least try to keep them steady. I know it's difficult without some sort of steadicam device but try and fold your arms inward and hold the camera with both hands. Or take the camera and put it on a tripod and fold the legs out and crank the neck up and hold on to it, sort of like a cheap solution to steadicam. It may not be the best way but it can lessen the shakes when doing handheld work. Looks like you stretched the image so it would fit a wide aspect ratio, if you're going to shoot for a widescreen I suggest that you frame for whatever aspect ratio you're going for. In this case, 2:35:1.

Kev

Ya it's pretty funny, I used to do stuff like this but the sad thing is you're doing better looking effects than I did years ago but you have less of a grasp of the camera, what is it that you thinking about doing in the movie industry? Plus did you mask the frame into that ratio afterwards, because it's just awful and cuts the bloated/distorted image. Claiming you shoot on 8mm tapes isn't really an excuse for no tripod, just get a cheap one and it'll add just a bit more to your stuff. Keep trying though and practice shooting, composing, and editing! Besides just get something like this like you can get at walmart:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kodak-lightweight-54-i...1QQcmdZViewItem