Fanboys and Hecklers. . .

Stuart McCammon

I think a serious pro would want to see how the camera performs before spouting off at all.

Nothing has changed since Tim (Admin) suggested that everyone wait till there was a camera in hand to test before the spouting began.

We don't yet have the camera in hand, so maybe we should just hold off on the spouting.

And all this started because I noticed that it had been some time since we heard any news from the RED camp, and asked if anybody knew how the production schedule was going. That's all.

And got a lot of mostly meaningless doubletalk.

And when I tried to point this out I was attacked by JJ's acolytes, all high on the Red Kool-Ade.

Weirdly, there's still nothing about recent developments on the RED website itself.

Still it can't be long now, can it? :unsure:

Well, I wasn't really looking forward trapsing out to Vegas yet again this April, but how could I not? Like I said, I missed the L.A. 4K RED screening earlier this year, and of course, I'm dying to see this for myself. Are you planning to attend NAB this year Carl?

Well, I wasn't really looking forward trapsing out to Vegas yet again this April, but how could I not? Like I said, I missed the L.A. 4K RED screening earlier this year, and of course, I'm dying to see this for myself. Are you planning to attend NAB this year Carl?

Yes, but not because I particularly want to.

If you're asking: "Will I be seeing you there Carl?"

The answer is : "Not if I see you first..."

By the way, what's this Red Stock Footage crap of yours?

"©ralph oshiro. all rights reserved. [simulated high-definition image photographed with a Nikon D70]"

Huh?

Yes, but not because I particularly want to.

If you're asking: "Will I be seeing you there Carl?"

The answer is : "Not if I see you first..."

By the way, what's this Red Stock Footage crap of yours?

"©ralph oshiro. all rights reserved. [simulated high-definition image photographed with a Nikon D70]"

Huh?

Hey! Don't call my stuff "crap!" Well, it's basically a, "Lemme throw a 'placeholder' website together in five minutes with whatever I've got on my computer right now" kinda site. About the show, I assume you're going to try to view the 4K footage at the booth they've promised to show (man, that booth is gonna be nuts this year)?