Eclair NPR

Tim Terner

• Premium Member

I've got a perfectone motor and perfectone sync box. On the box there's a switch marked IN and EN. Can anyone tell me what this setting to use. Also the red light on the motor, is it supposed to stay on when running in sync or to come on as a warning when out of sync. Thanks in advance for any advice

I've got a perfectone motor and perfectone sync box. On the box there's a switch marked IN and EN. Can anyone tell me what this setting to use. Also the red light on the motor, is it supposed to stay on when running in sync or to come on as a warning when out of sync. Thanks in advance for any advice

On the Perfectone ciblo motor(no crystal sync) the red light stays when motor is running at the good speed, I don't know how it does with the crystal-conversion...

do have the one with the external box?

here's a useful link for npr motors...

http://members.aol.com/npr16mm/motors.htm

cheers, Bernhard

• Premium Member
post-6700-1173515686.jpgThank you for that link Bernhard. Yes I have the external box (pic attached). When the camera starts running the red light on the motor is very bright for about 2 seconds then you can see its on but is not very bright. Just wondered if this was the norm

• Premium Member

Yes Tim, the light is a running light, and stays on. You can check for crystal speed quite easily, as long as you know someone with a camera which runs at crystal speed.

Let's say they have an Arri SR.

Take the lenses off both NPR and Arri.

Put one camera directly in front of the other.

With both running, look through the back of one all the way through the front of the other, having a white card in front of both.

If both are in crystal sync, you will see either darkness or lightness.

If you see darkness followed slowly by lightness, crystal sync is not being achieved.

• 1 month later...
Yes Tim, the light is a running light, and stays on. You can check for crystal speed quite easily, as long as you know someone with a camera which runs at crystal speed.

Let's say they have an Arri SR.

Take the lenses off both NPR and Arri.

Put one camera directly in front of the other.

With both running, look through the back of one all the way through the front of the other, having a white card in front of both.

If both are in crystal sync, you will see either darkness or lightness.

If you see darkness followed slowly by lightness, crystal sync is not being achieved.

Hello,i have also problems with my NPR. The BEALA engine electronics is defective.Can I buy a connection diagram with you?

Best Regards

Peter Justinger